GRC ConsultantJoin our growing team in Chicago Illinois or Calgary Canada.
The GRC Consultant will be a member of the consulting services team responsible for all GRC Programs as they relate to Enablon Enterprise Platform planning, design, some configuration, and some transition to operations services to Standard Model’s large multinational customers. The GRC Consultant works closely with the GRC Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and supports various governance, risk, and compliance programs. These may include Enterprise or Operational Risk Management, Regulatory Compliance, Cybersecurity, Internal Control, Internal Audit, Business Continuity, Insurance, Environment, Health and Safety or other similar GRC programs.
The Consultant plays a critical part in analyzing business processes, requirements gathering, designing solutions, understanding complex relationships, managing stakeholder expectations, communicating with customers, determining issues and solving problems. The GRC Consultant may either choose to grow into a GRC SME role, or a GRC Systems SME role, and may be required to configure part of the GRC Systems to enable the business processes and activities that they design, before handing it over to the technical team.
- Consulting with customers, business teams, including management stakeholders, project managers and business analysts, to develop our customers’ GRC capabilities.
- Designing solutions for customers, documenting flowcharts, specifications, and other materials, and communicating this to the technical team.
- Planning activities and supporting the project managers in determining scope of work and deliverables for customer projects.
- Maintain appropriate functional, and some technical, documentation.
- Designing and implementing security procedures and user administration where applicable.
- Configure GRC solutions for workshop scenarios, identifying requirements, and demonstrating how specific technical capabilities meet the requirements of the GRC program, using SDLC concepts and agile methodologies.
- Domestic and international travel involved.
- Experience in a Governance, Risk, or Compliance domain.
- Experience working in a client facing role.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and communication skills.
- Willingness to acquire additional GRC domain experience, skills, and formal certifications to enable the GRC Consultant in their daily consulting job.
- Ability to work independently and work within a multi stakeholder team environment.
- Apply initiative to evaluate situations and recommend solutions to customers.
- Experience working with customers in an enterprise software solutions project, either as a consultant, analyst, developer or application administrator.
Nice to Have
- Degree in a related field (Computer Science, MIS, Risk Management, etc.).
- Prior experience with a software or IT consulting company.
- Second language proficiency (Spanish or French preferred).
- Experience in Financial Services, High Tech & Telecoms, Energy & Utilities, and/or Mining & Resources preferred.
- Familiarity of any Governance, Risk & Compliance practice or process.
- Experience configuring and supporting a vendor tool/platform preferred.
- Relational database knowledge.
- Experience working with any GRC related applications, such as: Enablon (preferred), MetricStream, EMC/RSA Archer, Nasdaq BWise, Cura, Thomson Reuters Accelus, IBM OpenPages, Wolters Kluwer TeamMate, ServiceNow IT GRC, Crowe Horwath Model Risk Manager, SAP GRC Solutions.