Project CoordinatorJoin our growing team in Chicago Illinois or Calgary Alberta.
Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with our client services team to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. You will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule, resource and risk management for both our internal needs and our clients’ requirements, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and coordinating our resources. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
Ultimately, the Project Coordinator’s duties are to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Ensure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
- Assist in budget preparation and resource allocation
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Monitor project progress, handle any issues that arise and escalate to VP, Operations as required
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with the VP, Operations to eliminate blockers
- Use appropriate tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role
- Experience in software or IT project management, from conception to delivery
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project and other project management tools
- University degree in business or administration, or proven education & experience
- 5+ years of project coordination/management experience.
Nice to Have
- Prior experience with a software or IT consulting company
- Second language proficiency (Spanish or French preferred)
- Familiarity of any Governance, Risk and Compliance practices or processes
- Experience configuring or supporting a vendor software tool/platform
- Relational database knowledge
- Experience working with any GRC related applications, such as: Enablon (preferred), MetricStream, EMC/RSA Archer, Nasdaq BWise, Cura, Thomson Reuters Accelus, IBM OpenPages, Wolters Kluwer TeamMate, ServiceNow IT GRC, Crowe Horwath Model Risk Manager, SAP GRC Solutions.