Standard Model Partners is a premier services and solutions provider that aspires to help customers harmonize processes, information and tools within its management system. We are currently seeking an Environment or Health and Safety Specialist to join our dynamic team. This person will play a major role in delivering advisory services and assist in the delivery of quality software solutions to our customers. In this position you will assume a pivotal role in shaping a growing consulting and technology solutions practice. You will provide intelligent and sustainable solutions that foster strategic Environmental, Health, Safety, and Sustainability and how these contribute to overall business objectives.
Ideally, this individual with have a technical background or significant experience with one or more of the leading EHS software systems in the market. These systems may include (Enablon, Cority, Intelex, VelocityEHS, Sphera, Gensuite or systems from other reputable vendors).
Working with many members of our professional services team, this person will gain great exposure to other areas of a management system, specifically how EHS integration with business processes supports greater visibility by management into all governance, risk management and compliance activities within a company.
- Consulting with customers and business teams, including management stakeholders, project managers, and business analysts, to develop and enhance customers’ EHS capabilities through process improvement, information flows and structuring, as well as technology. It is important to note that this will be within the greater context of governance, risk management and compliance.
- Leads consultant teams that configure/deploy environmental health, safety and sustainability solutions with specific activities that include process, information and technology documentation, designs and documents.
- Principal liaison between the customer, technical team, and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and manage stakeholder relationships and communications.
- Critical resource during presales process supporting sales efforts and increasing market presence.
- Facilitate and/or lead focused workshops with customers and management.
- Provides advice, assistance, and guidance to program and project teams delivering projects.
- Planning activities and supporting the project managers in determining scope of work and deliverables for customer projects.
- Configuration of the EHS solutions for workshop scenarios, identifying requirements, or to demonstrate how specific technical capabilities meets the requirements of the EHS program, using SDLC concepts and agile methodologies.
- Domestic and international travel to customer sites.
- Extensive domain experience in the Environment, Health and Safety domain.
- Experience working in a client facing role.
- Experience working with customers in an enterprise software solutions project, either as a consultant, analyst, developer, or application administrator.
- Prior experience with a software or IT consulting company.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and communication skills.
- Willingness to acquire additional GRC domain experience, skills and formal certifications to enable career development.
- Ability to work independently and work within a multi stakeholder team environment.
- Apply initiative to evaluate situations and recommend solutions to customers.
- minimum of a four-year degree.
Nice to Have
- Four-year degree in a related field (Environmental, Biology Science, Human Sciences, Computer Science, MIS, Risk Management will all be considered.)
- Certifications in project management and/or any EHS related field, which can be acquired during the first 12 months period.
- Second language proficiency (Spanish or French preferred).
- Experience working with any EHS or GRC related applications, such as: Enablon (preferred), Cority, Intelex, VelocityEHS, Sphera, Gensuit, MetricStream, SAP or systems from other reputable vendors)
- Experience in Energy & Utilities, and/or Mining & Resources, Manufacturing, Engineering, Construction preferred.
- Experience configuring and supporting a vendor tool/platform.
- Relational database knowledge.