Mining Enterprise and Operational Risk Management
Our customer, a leading mining company operating in North and South America, needed a risk management solution for enterprise, site/operations, field level, and non-routine/routine activities. The first wave of this project included enterprise and site level or operational risk management, and field and non-routine/routine risk management activities are being considered for subsequent projects.
- Enable the business process of moving from ‘passive to active risk management’
- Enable the business process of having risks ‘live with roles and not people’
- Ensure data privacy throughout the risk management process
- Assist in the process of risk consolidation
- Assist in ensuring accountability and ownership of risks
- Enable synergies between business groups in relation to risk management
We delivered a solution to manage enterprise risk as well as site level risks, including workflows, escalations, notifications to enable consistent risk assessment and risk treatment processes.
The solution enables:
- Structuring risk source, consequence taxonomies for improved risk identification and analysis
- Improved risk assessment techniques with qualitative and quantitative consequence dimensions and risk criteria
- Consistent recording and management risks and risk treatment throughout the organization
- Quarterly risk review processes
- Workflows and validations by accountable risk owners
- Enterprise, operational and project risk aggregation and improved risk evaluation at all sites and within organizational levels
Risks Migrated from Legacy systems
Risk Analysis Consequence Dimensions and Criteria
Structured Taxonomies for Risk Sources including Root Causes, Hazards and Threats
Structured Taxonomies for Control Hierarchies and Controls
Stakeholder Groups, including Enterprise Risk, Site Risk Champions, and
Enterprise and Operational Risk
We provide structured, systematic, and timely risk information for decision makers, from enterprise risk to site level risk assessments, incident reporting and conformance assessments.
Improve the quality of risk analysis for department, asset, project and program risk.
Enhance the ability to compare current residual risk assessments with real incident metrics
Optimize expected residual risk estimates and evalaute treatment options for an optimal treatment effect
Compare and select projects based on the expected risk return on investment
Read more about our consulting, architecture and design, implementation services and research projects.